Menu

Millhouse Wood Blog

Latest Posts

Summer is here!

The temperature is up, the sun is out, so get your BBQs out! Call down to our Unit to take a look at our summer products! If you don't have a BBQ, take a look at these we have for sale below! The Ozpig Cooker and Heater The Ozpig cooker and heater is the perfect camping and travelling companion! It doubles up as a cooker and a heater, so you can cook and then open the door for an enclosed but... Read More

Posted on Thu 22nd Jun, 2017 in: Outdoor Cooking

Overgate Hospice Colour Run 2017!

Millhouse are proud to announce that we are sponsoring this year's Overgate Colour Run! It's a 5km run around Savile Park, where at every km mark, there's a Colour Station where all participants get doused in a coloured powder. The event then ends in a 'Colour Party'. There are still tickets available to be part of this great event and raise some money for a great cause!   Get involved, rai... Read More

Posted on Tue 9th May, 2017 in: BlogEvents

First continuous coal-free period since the Industrial Revolution

Friday 21st April was the first continuous 24-hour coal-free period in electricity production history. Coal plants either closed or switched to burning biomass such as wood pellets. This was the first time the country has been without electricity from coal since the world's first coal-fired public generator opened in 1882 in London. Coal is the most polluting fossil fuel, and it has seen a major d... Read More

Posted on Wed 3rd May, 2017 in: Coal

Hopper Clean-out

Have you had your biomass boiler for a while? Has the hopper ever been cleaned out? While it's the summer months, why not get your hopper cleaned out? When the hoppers are never cleaned out or not cleaned out for a long time, dust and fines can build up and blockages can be caused. So while it's warm and the boiler isn't doing much, why not get the hopper emptied, vacuumed out and a new load of p... Read More

Posted on Thu 27th Apr, 2017 in: Biomass FuelTips And Tricks

Barbecue Safety Tips

Last week, ITV reported that a house in north London was destroyed by a fire that was thought to have been started by a disposable barbecue which was left on decking, which got us thinking about barbecue safety. On top of this the last survey by HASS/LASS in 2002 reported that there was an estimated 1,800 people visit A&E in the UK due to an accident involving a barbecue, which, whilst the nu... Read More

Posted on Thu 20th Apr, 2017 in: BlogOutdoor Cooking

Left View Older Posts Right